- At the Laguna de Manialtepec, explore the mangroves, go bird watching, and discover the bioluminescence on a private boat tour. (12 kms north of Puerto Escondido)
- Go on a fishing trip at dawn.
- Go for a walk at Playa Zicatela (Puerto Escondido), the international surf destination with restaurants, shops, parachute jumping, horseback riding and beautiful sunsets.
- Observe whales and dolphins on a marine boat tour.
- Drive south and discover some small, laid back villages: La Escobilla and La Ventanilla release baby sea turtles. Mazunte and the Punta Cometa are the southernmost point of the Oaxaca shoreline, a high energy zone. Zipolite has famous beaches. (20 miles south)
- Take a day trip and hike through mountainous coffee plantations.
- Try paddle boarding at Carrizalillo beach.
- Discover your favorite beach in Puerto Escondido: Playas Carrizalillo, Bacocho, Marinero, Puerto Angelito and Manzanillo.
- Discover the Lagunas de Chacagua (80 km NW of Puerto Escondido); a National Park with iguanas, crocodriles and hundreds of birds.